[Mne_analysis] mne_average_estimates

Linnaea Stockall linnaea.s at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:39:44 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to use mne_average_estimates. I created the stc files using
mne_make_movie and the --morph tag, so according to the manual, I should not
have a problem with different numbers of vertices:

Note: mne_average_estimates requires that the number of vertices in the

stc files are the same and that the vertex numbers are identical. This will

be the case if the files have been produced in mne_make_movie using the

--morph option.

However, running the command results in:

Checking data...[failed] Number of vertices mismatch in
> 3-COMB/meg/3_grandave

The exact syntax I used for mne_make_movie is as below, repeated for each
subject, all morphed to 4-COMB:

> mne_make_movie --inv 10-COMB/meg/10_grandave-meg-inv.fif --meas
> 10-COMB/meg/CA10_grandave.fif --tmin -100 --tmax 500 --tstep 1 --spm
> --signed --pickupnormalcomp --subject 10-COMB --morph 4-COMB --smooth 4
> --stc 10-COMB/meg/10-COMB.stc

Subject 3 seems to the be the only one with a mismatch.
Any help either identifying the source of the problem, or somehow fixing it,
would be much appreciated.

Linnaea
Linnaea Stockall
Psycholinguistics and Cognition Lab