[Mne_analysis] mne_analyze, mne_compute_raw_inverse questions

Gustavo Sudre gsudre at pobox.com
Thu Jun 11 10:54:39 EDT 2009

I'm interest in the answers for these questions as well, but I'd like
to jump in this discussion to ask a somewhat related question. I think
I'm just having problems with the terminology, but it'd be good to
clarify it.

When I run mne_compute_raw_inverse for a single label, I get the
activation for all the sources within the label (correct?). In the
screen output of this program, I see that my forward solution has
about 13000 sources, and if my label is the entire left hemisphere I
get the estimates for about 6500 sources, which makes sense. Using
mne_analyze, when selecting a label there are several ways to combine
the activations in the vertices, as Eliezer pointer out. However,
based on how the brain was tessellated, it seems to me that there are
a lot more vertices than sources, right? Is there a mapping between
sources and vertices? If I run the same command with labeldir, do I
get the average of the sources in each label, or vertices? Also, is
there a way to get one of the other four options, instead of the
average?

Thanks in advance,

Gus