[Mne_analysis] mne_epochs2mat quits

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 15 23:11:43 EDT 2010

Hi Akiko,

On Apr 15, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Akiko Ikkai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your help earlier. I'm now trying to export inverse
> solution extracted from an ROI into matlab, but having trouble;
> mne_epochs2mat doesn't find .epochs file and quits.
>

> I'm running:
>
> mne_compute_raw_inverse --in 14MEGsearch/raw/
> 14MEGsearch_run01_target_raw.fif --snr 2 --inv 14MEGsearch/raw/
> run01_target_sacc_7-meg-inv.fif --spm --label 14MEGsearch/labels/
> lh.dlFEF.label --picknormalcomp (this runs, and creates 14MEGsearch/
> labels/lh.dlFEF-spm_raw.fif)
>
> mne_epochs2mat --raw 14MEGsearch/labels/lh.dlFEF-spm_raw.fif --mat
> 14MEGsearch/raw/labels/lh.dlFEF_run01.mat --events 14MEGsearch/raw/
> run01_target_sacc.eve --event 1 --tmin -500 --tmax 500
>
> At the end, it prints:
> Event source : 14MEGsearch/raw/run01_target_sacc.eve
> Event file is in the new format
> 136 events found in 14MEGsearch/raw/run01_target_sacc.eve
> 19 events remain after filtering
> 14MEGsearch/raw/labels/lh.dlFEF_run01.epochs : No such file or
> directory
>
> Could someone tell me why this .epochs is not created (even though
> events are found), and how I could fix it?

First of all, this conversion is not really necessary. You can read
the epochs directly from the raw data fif file produced with
mne_compute_raw_inverse with MNE Matlab functions. There is an example
of this included (mne_ex_read_epochs). It should work as is for your
purposes.

If your commands are as you typed, your problem obviously stems from a
typo. As you say, the raw file created in step one is 14MEGsearch/
labels/lh.dlFEF-spm_raw.fif. However, in step two you ask to create
output to 14MEGsearch/raw/labels/lh.dlFEF_run01.mat. The directory
14MEGsearch/raw/labels does not obviously exist. The output should be
to 14MEGsearch/labels/lh.dlFEF_run01.mat or to a mat file in some
other existing directory.

- Matti

---------

Matti Hamalainen, Ph.D.
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital

msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu