[Mne_analysis] Signal processing

Linda Moya lhmoya at cmu.edu
Thu Jan 21 14:53:39 EST 2010

Hello mne_users

When I use the batch-mode signal averaging capability in mne_suite, what
is the order that the following procedures are done?

- baselining (done per trial?)
- averaging across trials
- filtering
- artifact rejection

I understand all except artifact rejection to be a linear process (meaning
can be done in any order without changing the end result). But that
artifact rejection is non-linear, in that when you do it relative to the
other functions, the end result may change. Is my understanding correct?
What is the common wisdom as to when artifact rejection should be done?

Thank you.

Linda Moya

--
Linda Moya