[Mne_analysis] depth weighting

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 13 10:16:55 EDT 2011

Hi Pavan,
   Not sure why mne_inverse_operator is scooting out in your case..In
general, it has fewer defaults than mne_do_inverse_operator and
requires you to specify a larger set of options for it to run at all.

  As far as the default parameters go: "Our results show that using p =
0.7–0.8 in general yields most accurate localization accuracy, as
quantified by our shift metrics" is a sentence from

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16520063

The limit of 10 just prevents the deep sources from being blown up too much.

Regards,
Hari

On Mon, June 13, 2011 9:46 am, Pavan Ramkumar wrote:
> Hi MNE users,
>
> Just a quick question regarding depth weighting. So far I have only
> applied the default settings (weightexp = 0.8 and weightlimit = 10) but I
> would like to experiment a bit with these parameters.
>
> I tried to run 'mne_inverse_operator' identically to
> 'mne_do_inverse_operator' from the command line but it always gives me the
> usage options (i.e. those that would be returned with the --help option)
> irrespective of what command line options I specify.
>
> What am I missing? I am using version 2.6.1.
>
> Also, any comments on why the defaults were chosen as 0.8 and 10 would be
> helpful.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Pavan Ramkumar
> Brain Research Unit