[Mne_analysis] MNE newbie questions

Jeff Eriksen jefferiksen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:10:37 EDT 2011

Hello,

This is my first post to this list. I am attempting to teach myself how to
use MNE after a colleague suggested it as an alternative to EEGlab + NFT. I
wish to model 256-channel EEG (no MEG), continuous 3-20 minute recording (no
ERPs). I have full head T1 MRIs for my 6 subjects thus far, as well as T2,
DTI, and fMRI. For both EEG and fMRI the task was to fixate a cross.

I have begun learning by skimming the PDF manual, and noticing the
suggestion to read Chapter 1, 2, and 12. I have successfully completed
through 12.10 using the provided sample data. Before I proceed much further,
I would like to ask:

1. Has MNE been successfully used with 256 channel EEG data?
2. are the MNE MRI tools capable of handling electrodes that cover the
cheeks?
3. Can MNE build a BEM model that goes all the way down to the "Adam's
apple"
4. Can MNE utilize CT scans to improve the bone model geometry?
Thanks,
-Jeff Eriksen

PS. I am using a MacBook Pro with 6 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8
I also have access to a Linux cluster.