[Mne_analysis] mne_make_movie cannot find data set

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 23 13:27:01 EDT 2012

> I will explore these two suggestions. I do find it odd that apparently MNE
> has no straightforward path to analyze unaveraged data.

you can generate stc files from raw data with mne_compute_raw_inverse
but you will need to provide labels.

> I thought some
> people used it for epilepsy analysis?

People do at the martinos but I don't know how they work.

> I am perfectly happy to use Matlab at this point (no experience with
> Python - is there a version for Macintosh?). I tried initially to use
> Matlab to import my EEG data but that was very difficult, even with help,
> and I was encouraged to use mne_edf2fiff instead.

http://martinos.org/mne/python_tutorial.html

on a mac I recommend you install EPD (free with an academic license)
or EPD free

http://www.enthought.com/products/epd.php
http://www.enthought.com/products/epd_free.php

then you can you should be able to install MNE following the instructions at:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/README.rst

then you can adapt the example for your own data.

hope this helps