[Mne_analysis] averaging result: "nothing accepted"

Jeff Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Tue Apr 24 19:44:32 EDT 2012

Eric et al.,

I am using v2.7.3 on a Macintosh.
I verified that it does read the events in properly - if I use your
suggestion I get two events.
I left the single event in, and saved events in a -eve.fif file. Below is
the result of the last mne_browse_raw session. I tried to average using
Process:Average, and all indications seem to confirm the event is in
there, but in the end is says "nave = 0".

I wonder if there are some default rejection settings that are still in
effect and for some reason it is rejecting the epoch based on some
artifact criteria?

Thanks,
-Jeff

********** Begin console output
**
kje-macbook:MNE jefferiksen$ mne_browse_raw &
[1] 767
kje-macbook:MNE jefferiksen$ Using a 4096-point FFT in filtering of raw
data with 2048-sample tapers
bandpass =    0.0 (   0.0) ...   40.0 (   5.0) Hz
filter is on
32-bit architecture. Using 1000.00 Mbytes for ring buffers
9 selections loaded from /Users/jefferiksen/.mne/mne_browse_raw.sel
Current selection is GSN 1-16
Initial settings data created.

--- Opening
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif ---

No compensation data in
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif
Compensation in file : uncompensated
Setting up compensation data...
	No compensation set. Nothing more to do.
No compensation was requested.
A new compensation value (uncompensated) was assigned to 0 MEG channels.
No SSS data in
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif
0 bad channels read from
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif
filter :   0.000 ...   40.0 Hz   bins : 0 ... 327 of 4097 hpw : 3 lpw : 20
Highpass filter will work as specified.
filter :   0.000 ...   40.0 Hz   bins : 0 ... 327 of 4097 hpw : 3 lpw : 20
Highpass filter will work as specified.
Initial dc offsets determined
Raw data file
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif:
	nchan  = 257
	nsamp  = 900
	sfreq  = 1000.000 Hz
	length = 0.900    sec
1 events found in
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1-eve.fif
Trigger channel : STI 014 max_event : 1
Annotation file
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1-annot.fif containing 1 events read
No projection operator found in
/Users/jefferiksen/Documents/Fair_lab/hdEEG_subjects/AIRC0001/MNE/A1_ec1_bc
m_epc1.fif
Average EEG reference projection added.

--- Projection status ---

	# 1 : Average EEG reference : 1 vecs : 257 chs EEG active