[Mne_analysis] Matlab mne_ex_read_raw indicates missing channel STC 014

Jeff Eriksen eriksenj at ohsu.edu
Tue Apr 24 20:22:58 EDT 2012

Still trying to average a single epoch, switching to MNE Matlab routines. I believe my FIF file has the event in it, but I do not know where it is actually stored. Mne-browse-raw says it is in there. When I try to examine it with the Matlab routine to read raw files, it tells me there is no STC 014 channel. Should I be concerned? Is there a way for Matlab to access the events I think are in my file? Do I need an STC 014 channel?

-Jeff

******** Matlab console begin ********************************************************************************
>> fname = 'A1_ec1_bcm_epc1.fif';
>> [data,times] = mne_ex_read_raw(fname,from,to,in_samples);
Opening raw data file A1_ec1_bcm_epc1.fif...
            Range : 0 ... 899  =      0.000 ...     0.899 secs
Ready.
??? Error using ==>fiff_pick_channels at 93
Missing channel STI 014

Error in ==> fiff_pick_types at 94
    sel =
    fiff_pick_channels(info.ch_names,myinclude,exclude);

Error in ==> mne_ex_read_raw at 81
picks =
fiff_pick_types(raw.info,want_meg,want_eeg,want_stim,include,raw.info.bads);