[Mne_analysis] newbie question

Burkhard Maess maess at cbs.mpg.de
Wed Feb 22 08:55:21 EST 2012

Hi Andy,

although your method solved your problem - I would not recommend it in general.
Normally, a standard procedure to install the relevant libraries puts them into directories which are already scanned during program starts or extents the search list accordingly. If this, however, fails because the world is never perfect - there are the manual methods below to get the stuff repaired.

You can extent the list of pathes where linux searches for the shared libraries via LD_LIBRARYPATH (A) or via configuration files (B):

(A)
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH # if you see some output here use a), otherwise b)
a)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH }:<where your libgfortran.so.1 is located>
b)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH= <where your libgfortran.so.1 is located>

This is going to work in the existing shell until you close it (or logoff).

(B)
A more persistent way is this - provided you have superuser rights on your machine:

You should find a directory /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ at your machine. Additionally, there should be a file /etc/ld.so.conf mentioning this directory as to be included.
Create a new file within the directory and simply put the directory name in it.
run ldconfig to update the cache for the shared libraries.

There are other methods as well ... as always :)
http://prefetch.net/articles/linkers.badldlibrary.html

best wishes,
Burkhard

--
Dr. Burkhard Maess
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences