[Mne_analysis] group dSPM?

Hari Bharadwaj hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 8 11:54:32 EDT 2012

Hi Alex,

  If you combine using A = x^2 + y^2 + z^2 (i.e without the square root or
square what MNE gives you) and if x,y,z are *after noise normalization*,
then it is reasonable to assume that A is chi2 as long as the noise
covariance was computed using a large number of points, I wouldn't be
concerned about variances being different since each has approximately
variance 1 in the null...

The maps we have gotten from running long permutation tests at the group
level and then thresholding using this transformation look very similar.
So our current practice is to use this transform and run the usual
parametric analyses and invest time in running permutations as
confirmation once we see something we like.

Regards,
Hari

hari at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Ph: 734-883-5954