[Mne_analysis] mne_analyze inverse display problem

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:44:33 EDT 2012

That's odd---going between machines should work. I've done
parcellation and source space/BEM setup on one Linux machine, moved
the subject structural to a different linux machine with a different
directory structure, and after generating averages and inverses there,
copied everything to my OSX install (again with a different path
structure) where they load without issue.

On both my OSX and Linux installs, the variables I set are
MATLAB_ROOT, SUBJECTS_DIR, and SUBJECT, then run
$MNE_ROOT/bin/mne_setup_sh and $FREESURFER_HOME/SetUpFreeSurfer.sh. I
assume you've done this, but if you have Freesurfer installed, you can
double-check that SUBJECTS_DIR and such are set appropriately by doing
"tkmedit SUBJNAME T1" where SUBJNAME is the name of your subject will
also test to see if that subject's structural is in the expected
location. You can also then try loading the surfaces that MNE looks
for

It's important to note, however, that the Freesurfer folks (and maybe
MNE, too?) recommend against switching versions mid-analysis. If it's
not too difficult, I'd recommend re-running the analysis on Linux.
Might be the easiest solution in any case.

Eric