[Mne_analysis] "Intensity too high" when using mne_watershed_bem

Dan G Wakeman dgwakeman at gmail.com
Fri May 4 00:08:41 EDT 2012

See reply in text
On 2012 May 3, at 23:08 , Stephen Politzer-Ahles wrote:

> Hello,
>
> mne_watershed_bem is exiting with the following error:
>
> w=White Matter =Intensity too high (>240)...valid input ?

This error is due to the MRI data having unusually large values. It actually comes from FreeSurfer's mri_watershed program (called by mne_watershed_bem).  You would need to ask the FreeSurfer people about how the volumes are generated by the make average subject and any recommendations about using mri_watershed with them.

The analysis you describe does beg another question: Why do you want to generate a BEM for the average subject?