[Mne_analysis] MNE Matlab fiff_write_coord_trans function help

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:39:15 EDT 2012

Hi Kambiz,

>From your description of approach "a" it seems like you should start a
bit closer to the beginning. i.e. read the raw fiff file change the
device to head transformation matrix and write it out again. You
shouldn't need to deal with those other functions. I would use
mne_ex_read_write_raw as a guide. I am not sure of what you tried to
do exactly, but the above approach is simpler. It sounds as though you
were trying to simply overwrite directly into an already written file,
which I do not believe is supported in the MATLAB toolbox (or if it
is, it may be more complicated to use than simply reading in the file
and writing it out again). You need to read in the whole file and
write it back out.