[Mne_analysis] combining events with mne-python

Ellen Lau ellenlau at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 6 18:14:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

I have a situation where I would like individual trials to be able to belong to multiple events in the same evoked file. In other words I would like to be able to look at something like

Auditory1 = 1
Auditory2 = 2
AllAuditory =1,2

in the *same* evoked file. This is easy to do with regular mne. Can I also do this with mne-python? I was trying to use the combine_event_ids function for this, but it seems to remove the original two condition codes from the structure so that I'm only left with AllAuditory. I can see that I could create two separate evoked files splitting the data up in different ways, but that would be annoying for my pipeline. I tried to be clever and create doubles of the conditions in my original event_id:

event_id = dict{Auditory1 =1, Auditory1b=1, Auditory 2=2 ...}

and then use the b conditions for combine_event_ids, but I see that fails because even though the Auditory1 conditions nominally remain in the data structure, all their events get deleted (I'm assuming because the event code gets changed).

thanks,
Ellen