[Mne_analysis] Directly editing data values in mne.fiff.Raw object?

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Wed Dec 4 04:07:15 EST 2013

Hello,

I am trying to replace the data values in a Raw object in Python with data
I've gotten from somewhere else. (Because I did some ICA-related stuff
using other software already and rather than re-doing it, I'd like to just
load the .fif file in Python, load the other file in Python as well, and
then copy the data values from the other file into the Raw object and then
save it back to a new .fif file.)

However, the actual data values in the Raw object don't seem in a matrix
that I can just modify. It looks like they're inside of tuples which I
can't change (and it's not a 2-d array; for example, Raw[0] returns a tuple
of 2 arrays, each of which is <samples> long, the first is the data for the
first channel and the second is times). Is there any method for directly
modifying the data in a Raw object?

Thank you,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles