[Mne_analysis] Google summer of code on MNE-Python

Alexandre Gramfort gramfort at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 15 14:48:36 EDT 2013

Dear MNE users,

the Google summer of code (GSOC) program is a unique opportunity
for students (before completing the PhD) to work for 3-4 months
on an opensource project while been paid by Google.

This year I am planning to have MNE-Python apply under the umbrella
of the Python software foundation (PSF). If we have google summer
projects and good applications we can certainly get a slot.

To make this a success I'd like to know if, among the readers
of the MNE mailing list, there are some potential candidates
and if so what they would be interested in.

Please contact me directly if you're interested or if you have
students that could interested. The deadline for applications
is on march 18 (in 3 days). They are not much to do by then,
except come up with a list of potential summer projects.

If you're not available but want to suggest a summer project
please send me an email.