[Mne_analysis] mne_compute_Raw_inverse and snr option

Elisabeth Fonteneau ef309 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 10:41:28 EDT 2013

Hello all,

I'd like to ask a question about mne_compute_raw_inverse and snr option.

I'm working with raw fif files and I recently read on this mailing list that
for single trial analysis (which I want to do) we should use a lower snr
(for ex 1) instead of the default option (snr=3)

Now I'm using the command mne_compute_raw_inverse with the following

--in <fif file>

--inv <inv file>

--labeldir <label file>

--spm

--snr 1

--out <output file>

I compared my file previously computed with no srn option (should be
default, snr=3) and the one obtain with snr=1 option, I have the same
output. Now if I force with snr=3, the file is different from the one
computed with no snr option?? I also have the same pattern if I remove the
spm option..

My file has a nave=1 (raw) does this mean that MNE is adapting the snr to
the appropriate level of noise regarding the nave number if the snr option
is not used?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best

Elisabeth