[Mne_analysis] example code about overlaying .w file on the inflated brain surface.

Martin Luessi mluessi at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 20 21:57:10 EDT 2013

On 03/20/13 21:32, sheraz at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:
> I used mri_surf2surf(freesurfer) to convert w file to mgz file, mgz worked
>   with mne-python

As far as I know, MNE-Python cannot read .mgz surface files. To show a
.w file on an inflated surface you can do (assuming you have
activity-lh.w and activity-rh.w):

stc = mne.read_source_estimate('activity')
stc.plot(subject=subject, subjects_dir=subjects_dir, hemi='lh')

The first call will read both .w files and the second will show the
activity on the left hemisphere. Note you need MNE-Python 0.6 or newer
for this.

I hope this helps,

Martin

>> Hi MNEers,
>>

>> I can overlay a .w file on the inflated brain surface in classical
>> MNE-analyze GUI.
>> Now I try to use mne-python.
>>

>> Anyone have a quick code about how to load a .w file and overlaying it on
>> the inflated brain surface?
>> The expected results should look like this,
>>

>> If  you can not see above pic, please open the attachment to have a look.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Best,

Martin Luessi, Ph.D.

Research Fellow

Department of Radiology
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129