[Mne_analysis] Combine epoched ave fif files?

Linda Moya lhmoya at cmu.edu
Thu Nov 7 16:57:09 EST 2013

Dear MNE community,

I've collected data for a given subject across 6 runs, which after
pre-processing, result in 6 separate *.fif files. I can extract the events
of interest, epoched and averaged separate conditions using
mne_process_raw and the offline averaging mechanism. This results in 6
separate epoched data .fif files. I can view these atop of each other in
mne_browse_raw.

A) What I really want to do is to epoch and average the 6 input *.fif
files into ONE output *.fif file for each condition. So that instead of
say 6 epoched fif files with N=20 averages for a condition, I have one
epoched fif file with N=6*20 averages for that condition.

B) Alternatively I can read the 6 averaged epoch files into matlab, and
combine them there, so that I have this information in one structure in
matlab. But then I would like to convert that structure back into a fif
file that contains the average of all trials for a given condition for a
given subject.

Can I do either A) or B) above. Thank you very much for any help you can
provide.

Best Regards,

Linda Moya

--