[Mne_analysis] Python 3 support?

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at telecom-paristech.fr
Thu Nov 28 10:51:43 EST 2013

hi Nick,

> I found out about MNE recently after becoming fed up of the headache of
> Matlab for EEG/MEG work (I'm a long term Python user). I've read up about it
> in the recent NeuroImage paper, and am impressed with the number of features
> and like the philosophy!

that's great to hear !

> Sorry if this has been raised before (couldn't find an issue for it on the
> Github), but is there plans for Python 3 support? The rest of my python
> analysis code is now in Py3, since the majority of major scientific
> libraries now support it (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas, scikit-learn
> etc.), and sometime in the future it would be good to not have to go back
> and forth between Py2/3.

it would be great to port it to Python 3. It has not been done yet
because nobody asked for it. The core devs still use 2.7.

If you could start to take a stab at it and send us a pull request, it
would be break.

we'll enable python 3 on travis for continuous integration.

the only (thankully weak) dependency that will not work is Mayavi.

See you on github