[Mne_analysis] mne_volume_source_space with --mri option: segmentation fault

pavitrak at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu pavitrak at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 7 10:21:16 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to create a volume source space using a text file
containing the source locations.  However, I get a segmentation fault
(core dumped) error if I use the mri option.  The position file is in
MRI (surface RAS) coordinates as recommended by the MNE manual.  Here
is an example of the error -- this kind of error occurs regardless of
what text file or MRI volume (T1/brain/brainmask etc) I give it.

mne_volume_source_space --pos
$SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/src/subject_lmth.txt --mri T1.mgz --src
$SUBJECTS_DIR/$SUBJECT/vol-src.fif

mne_volume_source_space version 1.9 compiled at Dec 15 2009 08:55:40

Source location file  :
/autofs/cluster/purdonlab/users/pavitrak/sourceloc/Validation_Data/AEP/cparty_001/src/subject_lmth.txt
Assuming input in millimeters
Assuming input in MRI coordinates
Output file           :
/autofs/cluster/purdonlab/users/pavitrak/sourceloc/Validation_Data/AEP/cparty_001/bem/vol-src.fif

Positions only (in millimeters)
150 sources
Reading T1.mgz...[done]
Setting up interpolation...Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I exclude the mri option the source-space file is created just fine
-- so perhaps its a fault to do with the interpolation into the voxel
space of the MRI volume.  But I need the interpolator matrix as I plan
to use mne_volume_data2mri to create an overlay of time series
estimates corresponding to these volume source spaces.  Why is this
happening and is there any way to overcome/circumvent this problem?

Thanks so much.
Best Regards,
Pavitra