[Mne_analysis] plot_cluster_stats_spatio_temporal

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at telecom-paristech.fr
Wed Jan 8 03:27:39 EST 2014

> In the example online, plot_cluster_stats_spatio_temporal.py, X is passed in
> to ttest 0 and 1 in the forth dimension: X = X[:, :, :, 0] - X[:, :, :, 1] #
> make paired contrast.
> That subtraction seems strange to me since it seems to lose the variance
> unique to each condition. I would have expected something more like
> ...1samp_test(X[:, :, :, 0], X[:, :, :, 1]). What am I missing here?

you're right. We assume here equal variance and then the paired t test
is just a one sample test on the difference.

suggestions of improvement are really welcome.

> Also, my ultimate goal is 1samp and 2samp spatio-temporal clustering with
> TFCE with MEG. ANOVA for groupxcondition would be great as well. In
> spatio_temporal_cluster_1samp_test, the doc says TFCE will be used if a dict
> is passed in for threshold=, but what is that dict suppose to look like?

have a look at the TFCE example

http://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/stats/plot_cluster_methods_tutorial.html

and especially the variable:

threshold_tfce

> Much thanks for the excellent package,

thanks

> P.S. Anaconda was really important for getting this working in centos5
> without root access. Spyder is working as well which is great for
> transitioning from matlab.

that's indeed what we recommend to install to get started