[Mne_analysis] GSoC: Introduction

Rajul Srivastava rajul.iitkgp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 23:39:57 EST 2014

Hi all,

My name in Rajul, and I am an undergraduate student at the Indian Institute
of Technology Kharagpur. I wish to participate in Google Summer of Code
2014, and while going through the list of organisations, I came across
"MNE". I am proficient with programming languages Python, C/C++, Java,
Groovy, Ruby. I am also very interested in web-development and good at
 Python/Django, PHP, , Groovy/Grails, Javascript, HTML, CSS.  I am very
interested in the fields of Algorithms, Complex Networks, and Information
Systems.

I have always been interested in programming and in the past I have
participated in Google Summer of Code 2012, with the organisation Network
Time Foundation,working on the project "Improving the Logging/Debugging
System of Network Time Protocol Software". I have also interned in the
Global Technology division of Barclays, during the summers of 2013, working
with the Market Risk IT team. Besides I have worked on a few Research
projects in the fields of Computational Finance, Complex Networks, and
Computational Chemistry. I am currently working on my Thesis project in the
field of Computational Sciences on a project titled "Network Analysis and
Visualisation of Chemical Reactions". I have also been involved in a number
web-development projects for my Hall of Residence, Department, and
societies like Entreppreneurship Cell and AIESEC, IIT Kharagpur. I have had
courses in the fields of Programming and Data Structures, Complex Networks,
Distributed Systems, Algorithms, Operations Research in the past.

I have gone through the list of project ideas and I found both the project
ideas very interesting. Although I find both projects listed worth a while,
I am particularly interested in the "Web access to MEG data (browsing,
visualization towards analysis reports)". I really wish to work on this
idea during the summers. I suppose that my programming background is
suitable for these projects.
I shall be grateful if anyone can help me and give me reference to the
documentation that I may use to get myself started with the code-base and
also shed some light on how I can go about making a successful proposal.

Thanks!!

Best Regards,
Rajul

--