[Mne_analysis] equivalence of averaged single trial STCs and evoked STCs

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:26:44 EDT 2014

[reposted, attachment failure]

Hi Dan,

that was indeed a very good hint.

I've updated the gist to do some more systematic comparisons between
orientations and methods:

https://gist.github.com/dengemann/9470121

As to you clarification questions, the lines referred to in the legend  as
'single*' are related to averaging in source space.

It seems using MNE and with a post-hoc normalization, e.g. using z-scores
might be the way to go.
>From my ad-hoc parameter experiment I cannot exclude the possibility, that
'dSPM' and 'sLORETA' with 'normal' orientation might work as well.
This would require a mean-flip method though which is not implemented in my
script due to the manual extraction used.
My extraction function, here, was `lambda x: np.abs(x).mean(0)`

This needs more investigation + discussion

Denis

Images:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ykrm6xdh6ntio/fig-None-MNE.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwlt5ugxxo0owo2/fig-normal-MNE.png