[Mne_analysis] IOError: 2GB file size limit reached. Support for larger raw files will be added in the future.

Denis-Alexander Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:41:14 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

it just occurs to me that we might want to think about adding a Raw.split
method.

As a first quick and dirty solution, Lau, you might want think about a
function that splits the raw object and saves each split to fif files.

Something like this:

def split_save_raw(raw, splits , fname_pattern):
    for i_split, (tmin, tmax) in enumerate(splits):
        raw.copy().crop(tmin, tmax).save(fname_pattern % i_split)

split_save_raw(raw, [(0, 1), (1, 3), (3, 4)], 'my-split-%i-raw.fif')

Re-construction should then be trivial.

Cheers,
Denis