[Mne_analysis] mne-python: preload epochs without preloading raw?

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Thu May 1 10:36:02 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a set of data where I need to have epochs preloaded because I'm
wanting to remove components after ICA decomposition, and
ica.pick_sources_epochs() tells me the epochs need to be preloaded. The
only way I know of to get preloaded epochs is to first preload the raw file
and then epoch it (because I don't see a preload option in
mne.read_epochs). But my raw files are too large to preload without getting
a memory error. Is there any other way to get epochs preloaded?

Thank you,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi