[Mne_analysis] mne-python: preload epochs without preloading raw?

Martin Luessi mluessi at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu May 1 10:55:11 EDT 2014

Hi Steve,

To get preloaded Epochs, you should be able to use preload=True in the
Epochs constructor. It shouldn't matter whether the raw file is
preloaded or not.

Best,

Martin

On 05/01/14 10:36, Stephen Politzer-Ahles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a set of data where I need to have epochs preloaded because I'm
> wanting to remove components after ICA decomposition, and
> ica.pick_sources_epochs() tells me the epochs need to be preloaded. The
> only way I know of to get preloaded epochs is to first preload the raw
> file and then epoch it (because I don't see a preload option in
> mne.read_epochs). But my raw files are too large to preload without
> getting a memory error. Is there any other way to get epochs preloaded?
>
> Thank you,
> Steve
>

> Stephen Politzer-Ahles
> New York University, Abu Dhabi
> Neuroscience of Language Lab
> http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/

Martin Luessi, Ph.D.

Research Fellow

Department of Radiology
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
149 13th Street
Charlestown, MA 02129