[Mne_analysis] How to modify source space file "*-src.fif"

Thinh Nguyen thinhnguyen0405 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:55:21 EDT 2014

Hi D,

Thanks for your reply, I'm trying to reduce the number of active source
using fMRI information. I have a txt file, or w file of the sources to do
calculation on. The idea is just to remove those source points that are
outside of my region of interest, then perform forward and inverse
calculation as normal, using the modified source space.
I know there is an option to constrain source space in
mne_do_inverse_operator, but it seems to give unreasonable results (or at
least very confusing results). As to my understanding, the constraints
applied in mne_do_inverse_operator modify the source covariance matrix,
which is not of interest to me.
On the other hand, is there a way to modify the forward matrix, or inverse
matrix at all? I know we can read them into matlab, but I don't know how to
modify the *.fif file itself.

Thanks
Thinh