[Mne_analysis] Pial and inner skull surfaces intersecting

Kambiz Tavabi ktavabi at uw.edu
Mon Nov 3 14:47:14 EST 2014

Greetings,
I've noticed that the pial and inner skull surfaces in my data set are
intersecting. I am using FLASH 5 and 30 volumes to create 3-layered BEM
using the sequence of mri_make_bem_surfaces & mne_watershed_bem with the
default arguments after the necessary registration (with T1) and conversion
(brainmask & T1 --> cor) routines. It appears that both inner and outer
skull tables need to be pushed further out toward the outer skin (which is
looking fine). Does any one have any ideas how this can be done e.g., using
a different preflooding argument for mri_watershed or tweaking some other
parameter; and does it have to be done outside the MNE convenience script?

Thanks in advance
Kambiz