[Mne_analysis] make non reg/meg movie

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:30:44 EDT 2014

If you're comfortable with Python, then PySurfer will allow you to directly
plot arbitrary data vectors on the cortical surface. Should be pretty easy
for your use case.

If you want to stick with Bash, then you can get the STC format spec from
looking at the mne-python code for `SourceEstimate.save`, which calls
`_write_stc`:

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/mne/source_estimate.py#L72

I don't think you need to supply the `--inv`, `--meas`, or `--set`
parameters to `mne_make_movie` if you provide `--stcin` (since those other
parameters are basically used to create a STC in memory). You'll probably
also need to specify the `--subject` and the output type (e.g. `--mov`).
The following command works on my system:

mne_make_movie --stcin test-fsaverage-lh.stc --mov test.mov --subject
fsaverage

Eric