[Mne_analysis] Coregistration

Christopher Bailey bailey.cj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:44:55 EDT 2014

Dear Mengting,

My response is to the following question only, the bit about scaling I will leave to others.
> Also, when I set fiducials in mne_analyze, the coordinates of  LAP/NASION/RAP will always have a 400 mm (which was definitly wrong)when I clicked on where I want to set the fiducials on the head surface, and I also am not able to type in the coordinates by hand, does it sound correct?

May I ask how you are running mne_analyze? Are you using a VPN or Remote Desktop connection from your PC to a central server? I have experienced the +/-400 mm issue when using VPN. I have rationalised that it is due to some OpenGL-call in mne_analyze not "appreciating" the fact that it's running through software emulation (MESA), which is the case for all remote-access scenarios (the rather esoteric VirtualGL being a notable exception).

mne.gui.coregistration() works fine through VPN/RDP, presumably because the underlying VTK implementation is OK with MESA.

I'd be curious to hear other's experiences regarding this, and comments on whether my rationale may hold.

Best,

Chris
Aarhus, Denmark