[Mne_analysis] make test error on unaltered code from mne-python

Mainak Jas mainakjas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 18:40:51 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin,
On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 11:29 PM, kjs <bfb at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the following test failure when running make from the
> mne-python repository root.
>
> ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 32504, errno = 32
> Makefile:46: recipe for target 'test' failed
> make: *** [test] Error 1

I have encountered this problem before. The solution is to remove
.ICEauthority file from the home directory.

> I followed the instructions on
> http://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/contributing.html
>
> Downloaded and extracted the sample data..
> ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/data/MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz
> into the root directory of the repository.
>
> I also noticed that there is a different sample data package on the MNE
> Software Downloads visible after registering.
>
> MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz (from the contributing to pages) is
> 1.4G and MNE-sample-data-2.5.tar.gz (from MNE Software Downloads) is 166M.

You need the test dataset. In ipython you can do:

from mne.datasets import testing
testing.data_path()

The contributing.rst document needs to be updated:
https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/issues/1573. Maybe you can work on
it?

Mainak