[Mne_analysis] make test error on unaltered code from mne-python

kjs bfb at riseup.net
Sat Sep 27 16:29:33 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am getting the following test failure when running make from the
mne-python repository root.

ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 32504, errno = 32
Makefile:46: recipe for target 'test' failed
make: *** [test] Error 1

I followed the instructions on
http://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/contributing.html

Downloaded and extracted the sample data..
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/data/MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz
into the root directory of the repository.

I also noticed that there is a different sample data package on the MNE
Software Downloads visible after registering.

MNE-sample-data-processed.tar.gz (from the contributing to pages) is
1.4G and MNE-sample-data-2.5.tar.gz (from MNE Software Downloads) is 166M.

I imagine the error running make results from inconsistencies in sample
data.

I further see on men-python/README.md that running nosetests from the
repo root is recommended rather than make.

Which is the proper manner to run the tests? Which is the correct sample
data? Any idea why make test fails?

Thanks,
Kevin