[Mne_analysis] Current dipole moment densities

Emily Stephen emilyps14 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 15:54:41 EDT 2016

Hi Alex,

Are you saying that MNE-python does that?

When I run standard MNE solutions in python (no depth-weighting, fixed
orientation sources) using patch_stats=True (or False) in
mne_read_source_spaces, I get exactly the same forward solution and source
estimates. If the code were normalized by patch area for patch_stats=True,
I would have expected them to be quite different.

Code is attached. I've also included a version of the src file where the
patch statistics were computed using MNE-C (eeganes07-ico-3p-src.fif). It
produces a different forward solution, but the resulting stcs are nearly
identical (I think this comes from using the patch statistics in the
surface normal decision, which doesn't happen if the patches were computed
using mne-python, possibly because 'patch_inds' is never set in the
SourceEstimates). Sorry for the large download size (it's the BEM file).
​
 patch_stats.zip
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PjVL8SDL7IQUhLWjhLWUpiMFU/view?usp=drive_web>
​