[Mne_analysis] need help to plot EEG topomaps with mne

JR KING jeanremi.king at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 04:13:43 EDT 2016

Hi Mathieu,

to complete Jaakko's answer, you can plot 3D EEG projection using mne.viz
import.evoked_field. For example:

```
import os.path as op
import mne
from mne.forward import make_field_map
from mne.viz import plot_evoked_field

# get data
data_path = mne.datasets.sample.data_path()
subjects_dir = data_path + '/subjects'
trans_fname = op.join(data_path, 'MEG', 'sample',
'sample_audvis_raw-trans.fif')
fname = op.join(data_path, 'MEG', 'sample', 'sample_audvis-ave.fif')
evoked = mne.read_evokeds(fname, baseline=(None, 0), proj=True)[0]

# select eeg channels only
evoked.pick_types(eeg=True, meg=False)

# plot field maps
maps = make_field_map(evoked, trans=trans_fname, subjects_dir=subjects_dir,
                      subject='sample', n_jobs=-1, meg_surf='head')
plot_evoked_field(evoked, maps, time=.1)
```

Hope that helps,

Jean-Rémi