[Mne_analysis] Maxwell Filter and Projections

Sam Zorowitz szorowi1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:39:11 EDT 2016

Absolutely. The short of it is that we were running into some issues with
the Maxwell filter function, such that the SVD will not converge for
certain buffers if there is an abundance of noise. As such, we were
performing epoch rejections on the raw to determine time periods with high
amounts of noise; removing these time periods from the raw; and passing the
resulting raw object to Maxwell filter.

The process above would yield the following processing steps:

   1. Perform epoch rejections
   2. Crop raw data and re-stitch good
   3. Maxwell filter data
   4. Save filtered raw data
   5. Make EOG/ECG projections
   6. Perform epoch rejections
   7. Save epochs

We were wondering if we could skip a few steps by making the EOG/ECG
projections ahead of time. That way we wouldn't need to re-epoch and save
out an additional raw file. Instead we could make and apply the projections
before Step (1). Does that make sense?

Thanks!
-Sam