[Mne_analysis] Trans file without digitized data (Florian Aspart)

Florian Aspart florian.aspart at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:48:38 EDT 2016

Hi all,

thank you a lot for your answer and sorry for the response delay, I first
wanted to try your suggestion before coming back to you.

@Alex: this is what I want to do: rescale the fsaverage BEM model using the
coreg GUI to fit the standard montage with electrodes constrained on a
sphere. But I do not know how to create the digitized points coordinates
for these electrode.

@Marina: your answer helped me going towards the right direction.
Nevertheless, I could not get it to work correctly.
I created the  raw.info['dig'] structure as you suggested but when I use it
in the coregistration GUI, I get far too high fiducials errors:
"LPA: 137548.5mm, NAS: 0.0mm, RPA: 171781.1 mm"
I guess the fiducials positions I read in the  standard montage are not in
the correct coordinate system or do not have the correct scaling.
Could you maybe share the code you are using to create the dig structure?
Do you get plausible results for the source reconstruction using this
technique?

Best,
Florian