[Mne_analysis] MNE source estimate analysis with multiple conditions

Marijn van Vliet w.m.vanvliet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 07:43:03 EDT 2017

Dear Lyam,

the reason why you see a difference between MNE(cond1) - MNE(cond2) and
MNE(cond1 - cond2) is because of the dipole orientations. The source
estimate only retains the magnitude of the dipoles. See here for some
more information about what is going on:

https://4006-1301584-gh.circle-artifacts.com/0/home/ubuntu/mne-python/doc/_build/html/auto_tutorials/plot_dipole_orientations.html

When using fixed orientations, there should not be any difference. When
using loose orientations (the default), MNE(cond1 - cond2) is in my
opinion the correct way.

regards,
Marijn.