[Mne_analysis] MNE source estimate analysis with multiple conditions

Aaron Newman Aaron.Newman at dal.ca
Sat Apr 8 12:08:54 EDT 2017

Hi Lyam

I think it's great that you are making so much progress on your own! That
said, I'd like to chat with you before you put too much more time into this
project, just so we're on the same page. I (re)gained some insights into
beamforming in the final days before the conference and I'd like to chat
about all that. Maybe we could chat right after N&B on Monday?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 at 12:43 Lyam Bailey <Lyam.Bailey at dal.ca> wrote:

> Dear MNE users,
>

> I am analysing surface-based source estimates computed from evoked MEG
> data. I would like to extract peak amplitude times from source estimates
> of the *difference* between two experimental conditions (exp. and
> control), and as far as I can tell there are two approaches to this. One is
> to calculate the difference prior to computing source estimates (i.e: exp.
> evoked - control evoked) and then compute source estimates (.stc) based on
> the returned array. Another is to generate source estimates for each
> condition, and then subtract the returned stc files (exp.stc - control.stc)
> Unfortunately, these two approaches yield slightly different results (I
> suspect this is due to noise generated by the .stc subtraction) - so which
> would be most prudent? Alternatively, is there a different (more robust)
> approach that I could use?
>

> Thanks in advance for any help!
>

> Regards,
>
> Lyam

> Lyam Bailey, BSc.
>
> Graduate Student
> Department of Psychology & Neuroscience
> Dalhousie University

Aaron J Newman, PhD

Professor

Director, RADIANT CREATE Neurotechnology Innovation Training Program

Director, NeuroCognitive Imaging Lab (NCIL)

FACULTY OF SCIENCE

Department of Psychology & Neuroscience

FACULTY OF MEDICINE

Departments of Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Surgery

Aaron.Newman at dal.ca

+1.902.488.1973 | fax: +1.902.494.6585

Box 15000, Life Sciences Centre, Halifax NS B3H 4R2 Canada

DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY

NCIL.science <http://ncil.science/>
dal.ca/RADIANT <http://www.dal.ca/RADIANT>