[Mne_analysis] selecting epochs to use in compute_proj_eog

Boris BURLE boris.burle at univ-amu.fr
Mon Sep 25 13:59:57 EDT 2017

Dear list,

I'm currently trying to correct EOG artifacts on EEG data. To do so, I'm
using "compute_proj_eog". This function first detects where EOG
artifacts are, by using "find_eog_events". However, in some datasets,
"find_eog_events" clearly picks segments that are not EOG. Using
"create_eog_epochs" and plotting the resulting epochs, one can select
which ones  are really EOG artifacts and save them in the epoch object.
But  how can we indicate to "compute_proj_eog" that it should only use
these ones for later correction?   Indeed, "compute_proj_eog" re-run
"find_eog_events", and hence ends-up with all the original segments,
including the ones not corresponding to EOG artifacts.

Is there a way to tell "compute_proj_eog" which segment it should take
into account to build the projector?

     Thank you in advance for your help!!

         Best,

             Boris.