[Mne_analysis] problem in installing mne from ubuntu terminal(version 14.04)

Shirsho Basu basushirsankar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:50:50 EDT 2018

Hello Mne-Analysis-Group,

         I'm currently using ubuntu 14.04, and am trying to install
mne-python from the ubuntu terminal, invoking commands from the following
link: https://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/install_mne_python.html.
But, it's not getting done. Here, for you to debug, I'm giving a flowchart,
and also attaching a screenshot of the error messages being issued against
the commands I typed.

A step-by-step flowchart of how I'm trying to install mne from ubuntu
terminal:

step-1: open the terminal.
step-2: go to the directory where anaconda environment is installed
invoking '$ cd anaconda3' command.
step-3: Invoking the following command from terminal:
           $ conda install scipy matplotlib scikit-learn mayavi jupyter
spyder
step-4: Invoking the second command from ubuntu terminal:
           $pip install PySurfer mne

But, everytime, Im writing these commands, error messages are flashing up
on screen. Please, help.
The screenshot of error messages are attached herewith.

Thanking you in anticipation and expecting a reply at my earliest,

Regards,