[Mne_analysis] DICS with external channel

Mikkel Vinding mikkel.vinding at ki.se
Fri Apr 13 12:10:49 EDT 2018

Hello

Do anybody out there have experience with using the DICS beamformer in MNE to find sources coherent with an external signals? E.g. using EMG to finding cortico-muscular coherence as done in the original DICS paper by Gross et al. 2001.

So far it seems that the DICS beamformer in MNE only take the cross-spectra from MEG sensors, but not able to specify CSD with a non-MEG channel. It seems that in order to calculate the CSD between MEG sensors and external reference I first have to label the external channels as an MEG channel, as mne-time_frequency.csd/csd_epochs will only calculate the CSD matrix between MEG channels. This does however not solve my next problem: that I only need the external reference-MEG CSD for the source localization. Anybody who have a workaround or solution?

Best regards
Mikkel

Mikkel C. Vinding | Ph.D. | Post doc
NatMEG - The National Research Facility for Magnetoencephalography
Department of Clinical Neuroscience | Karolinska Institutet
171 77 Stockholm | Nobels väg 9, office D313
Phone: +46 8 524 833 33
Email: mikkel.<mailto:mikkel at vinding@ki.se>vinding at ki.se <mailto:mikkel.vinding at ki.se> | ki.se<http://ki.se/ki/jsp/polopoly.jsp;jsessionid=aMdk8ad4iRL6OYOdFn?l=en&d=130>