[Mne_analysis] Question

Brunner, Clemens (clemens.brunner@uni-graz.at) clemens.brunner at uni-graz.at
Wed Dec 5 11:25:08 EST 2018

Hello!

MNE does support .eeg files created with a BrainProducts amplifier (mne.io.read_raw_brainvision). However, if you have a different amplifier, converting to .edf seems like a good idea.

Regarding developing a real-time BCI, MNE only supports offline analysis. You might want to check out https://github.com/sccn/labstreaminglayer, which you can use to stream data across a network (there are Python bindings available). You could then build a signal processing pipeline using custom Python code (you could of course use scikit-learn for machine learning and scipy for signal processing, I think they support online applications).

Clemens