[Mne_analysis] Data structures for comments? (Events? Annotations?)

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Sun Mar 25 16:40:07 EDT 2018

hi,

> We have prepared an MNE Raw dataset from scratch, and it contains EEG and
> EOG data. We also have manual (written and survey) feedback from
> participants as they recorded the EEG/EOG, and I'm not quite sure if we
> should store this manual feedback as Events, Annotations,

in MNE, events have no duration. it's an integer to condition mapping
that maps to a trigger channel.

Annotations were introduced later and each entry consists of 3 infos:
onset, duration and description.

You have 2 big differences:
- onset is in seconds in absolution time (no need to change if your
resample the data)
- duration is in second
- description can be any string.

to define epochs you need onsets so no duration is used so it works with events.

HTH
Alex