[Mne_analysis] HEART RATE VARIABILITY : def qrs_detector

Jasmina Wallace jasmina.wallace23 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:12:32 EDT 2019

Hello everyone!

I carried out an EEG/MEG study and I am also interested in HEART RATE
VARIABILITY analysis. I would like to use my ECG signal (recorded with the
channel BIO003 at the same time of EEG/MEG records ) not only to detect the
ecg artifacts on my EEG/MEG sinalgs, but also to analyse the heart rate
variability.
I found this script :

def qrs_detector(sfreq, ecg, thresh_value=0.6, levels=2.5, n_thresh=3,
l_freq=5, h_freq=35, tstart=0, filter_length='10s')
https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/mne/preprocessing/ecg.py

I've just started to use mne-python. So my question are:
- is "def qrs_detector"  the good script to know the R-R inteval in seconds
? Because with the RR inteval I could be able to compute the heart rate
(HR=60 seconds / RR)
- What is the difference between "Detect QRS component in ECG channels "
and "Indices of ECG peaks " ?

Thank you !!

Jasmina