[Mne_analysis] Volume morphing

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:21:04 EDT 2019

It's possible that there is some bug with the transformations, or the
visualization (we are sorting through some things that could be related in
a volume viz PR <https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/6046>
currently). Can you try to replicate this problem using some minimal
example? I would start by seeing if it can be replicated without the
ICA-component step, for example by morphing some activity and visualizing
it to see if it also fails to fill the brain. If this shows the problem
already, you can share the original MRI, destination MRI, original
activation, and code to generate and visualize the morphed activation.

It's best if this can be done with the `sample` dataset (e.g.,
sample->fsaverage), so try to replicate there, too -- it'll make sharing
and testing easier. But I'm guessing it won't show the problem because
sample and fsaverage have the same data orientation, zooms, etc., which
might not be the case for your data.

Eric