[Mne_analysis] LCMV source extraction for continuous resting data

Neumann, Wolf-Julian julian.neumann at charite.de
Thu Dec 12 09:38:02 EST 2019

Dear all,
I finally have some time to look into MNE as an alternative to spm/fieldtrip and Vladimir Litvaks amazing DAiSS toolbox. The way I used lcmv beamformer with DAiSS was to create surface projected raw data using the online montage function.  https://github.com/spm/DAiSS
This allowed to create a resting dataset with e.g. 5000 virtual channels (as LFP/iEEG), from which I can analyse the spontaneous dynamics of oscillatory events in source space.

I have managed to get my resting data epoched and could project the epochs using mne.beamformer.make_lcmv and apply_lcmv_epochs.

  1.  How would I do it for resting data?
  2.  Is there a way to create a new raw data object with  the new channels as chantype iEEG. This would make further processing much easier than with the source object.
  3.  Finally, are the vertex coordinates stored somewhere in the source object?
  4.  Is there a template solution for MNI2009b instead of fsaverage?

Thanks for your help
Julian

Dr. med. Wolf-Julian Neumann
Associate Researcher - Interventional Cognitive and Neuromodulation
Movement Disorder and Neuromodulation Unit
Department of Neurology
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
T: +49 30 450 660 359
M: +49 152 539 262 90