[Mne_analysis] EEG artifacts Related

VENKATA PHANIKRISHNA B b.phanikrishna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 23:54:23 EST 2019

Thank you vanvliet
For my work, I am using online downloaded EEG data.

among 1000-samples of one-second data, ten (10) distinct amplitude values
are sufficient to consider that data is real EEG data.
What is the minimum distinct amplitude values to consider that data is real
EEG data.?

[image: image.png]

In the above figure, each row is one-second data, and two values are
repeating every time.
Q1) What is the minimum distinct amplitude values to consider that data is
real EEG data.?
Q2) From the attached figure, can we consider such sensor data for further
analysis?
Q3) In some cases, few rows (one-second data)  has same amplitude values
and few other rows as distinct amplitude values. In such a situation can I
neglect rows that contain the same amplitudes? [if I required one-second
epoch EEG data].

Q4)  if Q3 problem is happening in case of the column, can we solve as like:
one sensor 5-seconds data with sampling rate=16Hz
each row is one-second epoch EEG data (5 rows --> 5 seconds data)
[image: image.png]

*if I neglect columns that have only zero values (amplitudes), then the
number of samples per second is 8 (shown in below table)*

[image: image.png]
in this case, can I consider sampling rate as 8Hz or still it is 16Hz
If you clarify my doubts, It would be a very big support for my research
work.  Any time of your convenience is okay for me.

I am looking forward to a positive response from you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION