[Mne_analysis] Lead field spikes using sample BEM - bug or explainable?

Taylor Williams williams.taylor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 18:58:02 EST 2020

Eric,

Please find the forward model and script for the 1632 magnetometer array in
the following folder. Script is also attached.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dX7YZSCa4RAcn_b4JH3I0CADe2ZOQIM-?usp=sharing

A bit more context on the forward model: It places point magnetometers on
102 simulated rectangular 24mm x 24mm chips that are projected towards the
scalp from the standard Neuromag sensor locations. The center point of each
sensor cluster is 1.5mm above the nearest outer skin surface from the BEM.
All sensors are sensitive in the z-direction and preserve the orientation
vector from the derived Neuromag magnetometer.

This script generates the full set of lead fields in the Evoked object Y0.
There are plenty of other instances where this occurs, not just dipole
#364. Let me know if you have any questions about the construction of the
forward model that I can answer for context. I'm curious to see what you
think.

Thanks,
Taylor